How I removed Yahoo search from Google search engine Completely. It was quite easy to remove Yahoo search from google search bar, All you need just a few tricks to get rid of yahoo on chrome. in this article, We going to show 4 ways on “How to get rid of yahoo on chrome”.
how to get rid of yahoo on chrome
- How to change the Google search engine settings
- Reset your browser
- Run the Malware scan
- How to get rid of yahoo redirect on chrome
how to get rid of yahoo on chrome
1. How to change the Google Search Engine settings
- Open your browser and click the three dots on the top right corner
- Click the settings option
It will take you to Chrome Settings Than you’ll see the Search Engine option.
- Click on the Search Engine where you can manage your search engine
To change the search engine back to normal just select any Search engine from the options
Once you change this setting, It will be changed itself there is no SAVE option
2. Reset your browser
So, why and How to reset our browser. By resetting your browser you will fix the default and all other problems. for example, You install any program that changes your search engine, does anything suspicious, Or you just accidentally change your advance settings, etc
By resetting your browser it will fix all these problems
- Click at the three dots on the top right corner and chose the settings option
- In the advance section, you will see Reset and cleanup option
- Scroll down to the Restore settings to their original defaults option
- Click on the Restore settings option to reset your browser.
3. Run the Malware scan
If the above steps weren’t so helpful, another option is to run a malware scan to keep your site free from Hijackers. In any case, We can’t blame Yahoo.com cause this problem can be caused by Malware. Run an Anti-malware scan if you think your site is in danger. One of the best site to control malware is Malwarebytes
Mal-ware stands for malicious Software
Simply Malware is a piece of Software where criminals use to steal personal information, damage your devices. There are many kinds of malware such as Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, and Ransomware, etc
It’s not free! But, the best thing is you can use a free trial for 14 days where you will be able to use all the options of it. which is useful!
NOTE: This site not only used to find malware but also stops it in real-time, It ensures you full safety of your site.
After downloading it. Now you ready, Just open an anti-malware site and click the scan button to scan your site. In case if you don’t want to risk your site or you have put your valuable data in it, Malwarebytes is the best way to secure it from malware.
4. how to get rid of yahoo redirect on chrome
So, it might happen that you want to search for something with Google but it automatically searched by Yahoo!
How to bring it back to its default settings? So, one of the best tricks to fix this problem is to add a new search engine to your browser. It will work 100% for such a problem.
- Search “Set your default search engine google query URL” to your yahoo search bar
- Scroll down to the “URL with %s in place of query” field”
- Now copy the URL in section “4. Replace the search term in the URL with %s”
Then we will paste it to the search engine option. which is in google settings
Click on Manage search engines, then click on Add button
Now, we will fill the sections and just Add to make a new search engine
|URL with %s in place of query||http://www.google.com/search?q=%s.|
So, to make it default click on three dots then click on Make default
Once you click to Make default it will add your new search engine to the list. now you have solved yahoo’s redirect mode on chrome.