The Top ways to free up disk space on windows
How to free up disk space on windows. Your system is running out of space. Here’s how to fix it, Use these effective steps to clean up your disk quickly! This process will delete all the junk and temporary files from your computer which is good! Never worry about space again!
Get your job done with these effective steps
- Empty the Recycle Bin
- Delete all the temp files manually
- Uninstall all the unwanted software or programs
- Disk clean up
How to free up disk space on windows
Windows / Local-Disk “C” Can I delete all the temp files and documents?
Yes, if you’re running out of space Deleting the Unnecessary and Junk files are way better instead of deleting your pic, videos, etc
NOTE: But as with the most things, this is not always the solution to delete your documents, cause deleting it manually, you might delete very important files. So, before deleting your files you need to review it first to be sure you delete only the unnecessary files. usually, temp files could be 4 or 5 folders at different locations.
1. Empty your recycle bin to free up disk space
When you delete a file. Your computer won’t directly erase it immediately instead, it will be sent to the Recycle bin. So, your file will automatically be sent to the Recycle bin and as always more files more storage will be needed. In case, if you want to recover it just go-ahead to the Recycle bin at click to the recover option to recover it.
NOTE: Whenever you delete your file by right click option or deleting the files by hitting the key on your keyboard. It will keep all the deleted files on your Recycle bin. Recycle bin is using your C drive space. So, deleting a file without hitting the shift key will not delete completely! But, it remains in recycle bin for a certain limits
Step 1. Search for Recycle bin and select the top result
Step 2. Click the Recycle bin tools
Step 3. Click on Empty Recycle Bin option
Step 4. Click on the “yes” button
Now check your disk space,
2. Delete all the temp files manually
So, here’s how you can delete all the temp files manually. It’s a simple procedure but very effective and we gonna show it as fast as possible. We are not using any third-party programs to perform this cleaning process. So, you don’t have to download another creepy tool to do this.
For your information cleaning the unnecessary and unwanted files from C drive or system drive will make your windows run much faster.
- Cleaning “temp“
Right-click on the start button, now you’ll see a hidden menu.
- Click Run and search for “temp“.
then, It will ask for permission to access these files, just click the Continue option.
- Now there you will see all the files and folders, which are all not needed. So, select all of them, and before deleting, press the shift button on your keyboard to delete them permanently. So, it will not be sent to the Recycle bin. For your information
NOTE: Some files may Undeletable So, ignore them and delete the rest.
2. Cleaning %temp% folder
- Open the Run file again But, this time we will search for %temp% instead of temp.
- So, as same as we did with the last folder, Continue deleting all the folders
3. Cleaning Prefetch folder
- So, one last time we gonna open the Run file and this time we will search for Prefetch. The same process of deleting folders. some are Undeletable. So, just ignore them and click on the skip button.
3. Uninstall all the unwanted software or programs
So, basically all software’s that you have installed, They are using your C drive space by default. Therefore, delete all the unwanted software to have a lot more space on your C drive.
- Go to start menu and search for uninstall
- Click on Add or remove the program
3. Scroll down and delete all the unwanted software
4. To uninstall a program, Simply click on it and press Uninstall button
So, now you have cleared all the junk and unwanted files from your C drive manually.
4. Disk clean up
- Disk clean up is software, which is already installed on your computer. It helps you to clean up your C drive and even more! Or to ensure every unwanted file are cleared from your PC
- So, simply search for disk cleanup on your computer
- Right-click on it,
- wait for a moment while the disk clean up is calculating, How much space you will be able to free on
3. Now select all the files and folders
4. After selecting all files, Simply click the delete option. it clear all unwanted files
There are tons of software for cleaning your pc but, deleting them manually is way better than deleting them with any software
NOTE: Before deleting the files and folders always remember to press the shift key on the keyboard.